Purpose and Need
Within the Timmerman to Timber Way Corridor, this project between Bellevue and Timber Way will focus on highway improvements focuses on highway improvements designed to reduce congestion and improve safety along a 10-mile segment of State Highway 75 between Timmerman and Timber Way. The project is needed to address: (1) current and projected daily traffic; (2) safety concerns for vehicles; and (3) safety concerns for pedestrians/bicyclists crossing the highway.
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is evaluating design updates to the SH-75 segments listed below:
- SH-75 between McKercher Boulevard (north of Hailey) and Timber Way (south of Ketchum)
- SH-75 between Birch Street (north of Bellevue) and Fox Acres Road (south of Hailey)
- SH-75 and Gannett Road Intersection (south of Bellevue)
The project includes an environmental reevaluation document detailing updates to traffic and safety studies, future traffic projections, design refinements, and reevaluation of social and environmental resources. Design refinements being considered are listed below:
- Widening of SH-75 to accommodate through-travel lanes, safety medians, shoulders, and center turn lane.
- Improvements at the intersection of SH-75 with local streets.
- Bus pullout location assessment.
- Pedestrian/bike underpasses.
The project will create shovel-ready projects that will be implemented when anticipated funding is identified.
Stakeholder input is key to understand how the project area has changed since this segment of SH-75 was evaluated in 2008 and where design solutions are most needed. ITD is committed to ensuring stakeholders are informed about the project and have the opportunity to provide feedback.
Stakeholder engagement opportunities include:
- One-on-one of small group stakeholder meetings (Ongoing)
- Information tables at community events (Summer 2022)
- Public Meeting: Nov. 15, 2022 (Community Campus, 1050 Fox Acres Rd, Hailey, ID 83333)
If you would like to meet with ITD to discuss a specific concern regarding transportation conditions on SH-75 within the project boundary, please request a meeting by emailing email@example.com.
Project design and future implementation would be implemented using Governor Brad Little’s Leading Idaho Transportation Expansion and Congestion Mitigation (TECM) Program. This Project is one of several investments statewide that addresses Idaho’s rapid growth and aging infrastructure.