ITD will construct a new interchange on I-84 to serve the SH-16 corridor. The interchange will be located between the Garrity and Ten Mile exits. See a map
At this time, we expect that:
- Construction in this area will start in Summer 2022 and continue until 2024.
- Flamingo Avenue will be closed until December 2022 between McDermott Road and the gravel pit east of Robinson Road. Crews are relocating utilities and realigning Flamingo Avenue around the new I-84/SH-16 interchange. Please expect delays.
- Residents can expect increased construction traffic in the area.
- I-84 will be closed overnight on a few occasions. Lane and shoulder widths will be reduced.
- Work will be noisy.
- While the majority of work will happen during the day (7 a.m. to 5 p.m.), night work may be necessary on a few occasions.
- ITD has purchased a few homes on Flamingo Avenue and Franklin Road, which will be removed in 2022.